GIANT 2022 Trance 29 2
Sale Local Pickup Only
Turn up the heat on technical trails, and do it with more confidence and control. Featuring updated suspension and adjustable geometry, this feisty 29er adapts to the terrain.
This versatile trail machine is built on a lightweight, stiff and super-strong ALUXX SL frameset that blends the latest Maestro suspension technology with adjustable frame geometry. The Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm has a flip chip that allows you to adjust frame geometry. Choose steeper or slacker head tube/seat tube angles and either a 35mm or 45mm bottom bracket drop to fine-tune the handling for your riding style and terrain. It’s designed around a 130mm travel suspension fork, and the overall geometry has been tuned to maximize its performance on rugged trails.
- Adjustable Frame Geometry: New flip chip feature lets you change the head tube and seat tube angles, as well as the bottom bracket height, to fine-tune handling for varying trail conditions and individual riding style.
- 29er Confidence and Control: Larger 29-inch diameter wheels optimized to roll over rough terrain with balance and stability, giving you the momentum to tackle technical climbs and the confidence to fly on fast, rugged singletrack descents.
- Progressive Trail Design: Lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frameset features a longer reach and steeper seat tube for aggressive trail riding and improved climbing capabilities. Updated Maestro rear suspension features 120mm of rear wheel travel paired with a 130mm fork up front.
- Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum front and rear triangles, 120mm Maestro suspension, flip chip, 12x148mm thru-axle
- Fork: Marzocchi Z2, 130mm, GRIP damper, Boost 15x110 Kabolt, 44mm offset, custom tuned for Giant
- Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance, 185/50, custom tuned for Giant
- Handlebar: Giant Contact TR35, 780x35mm
- Grips: Giant Tactal Pro Single S:120mm, M:120mm, L:130mm, XL:130mm
- Stem: Giant Contact SL 35 S:40mm, M:40mm, L:50mm, XL:50mm
- Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote S: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm M: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 440mm L: 170mm travel / 30.9 x 450mm XL: 170mm travel / 30.9 x 450mm
- Saddle: Giant Romero
- Pedals: N/A
- Shifters: Shimano Deore, 1x12
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Brakes: Tektro HD M745
- Brake Levers: Tektro HD M745
- Cassette: Shimano Deore, 10x51
- Chain: KMC X-12
- Crankset: Praxis Cadet M24, 30t S:165mm, M:170mm, L:170mm, XL:170mm
- Bottom Bracket: Praxis, press fit
- Rims: Giant AM 29 tubeless ready sleeve-joint rim, 30mm inner width
- Hubs: Alloy, Sealed
- Spokes: Sapim
- Tires: [F] Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR [R] Maxxis Dissector 29x2.4 WT, 60 TPI, 3C Max Terra, EXO, TR
- Extras: Tubeless Prepared, 2.6" max tire size, 34t max chainring size