Santa Cruz BULLIT 3 CC MX R 2022 Carbon Mountain Medium Bike Matte Copper/Black
What goes up, loves coming down The Bullit is an electric mountain bike designed for tackling the steepest and deepest of trails in both directions. Imagine the kinds of rooty, rocky, horror fests usually reserved for our biggest hitting bikes like the Nomad and Megatower. Then imagine what lies beyond that. Where the Heckler's priority is agility and playful handling, the Bullit takes a more no limits approach. 170mm travel, a 38mm fork and DoubleDown tires reflect the smashability of this platform. This is a bike for riders who seek V10 level terrain that's out of range of any chairlift or shuttle road. It was actually the Santa Cruz Syndicate team's success on their mixed wheel DH race bikes that made us consider the same format for the Bullit. We learned from them that mixed wheels provide the confidence at speed of a 29er with the more spritely handling characteristics and maneuverability of a 27.5-inch rear wheel. And for an e-bike, it also means we can dictate exactly how long (or short) we want to make the chainstays to balance climbing traction and handling. The added butt clearance on super steep stuff is just another bonus. The biggest trails take a bigger commitment to reach them. Thankfully Shimano's commitment to the STEPS EP8 motor means we have a lighter, more powerful (85nm), more compact and more efficient way of reaching them. The EP8 is also tuned to give more power in Trail mode without affecting range. So paired with Shimano’s biggest 630wh battery it ensures the Bullit is fully equipped for long, tough climbs to the longest, toughest descents.
- Mix of Both Worlds. The mixed wheel configuration of a 29-inch wheel up front provides traction and stability, while the 27.5" rear wheel keeps agility at hand and the chainstay length in-check.
- 170mm travel front and rear, a burly 38mm diameter fork and DoubleDown tires reflect the smashability of this platform.
- Full CC Carbon Frame. Other bikes in this category rarely adopt carbon because few companies have mastered carbon manufacturing. Our carbon frames are designed in our Carbon Lab in California, made in our own facility by our team and have a lifetime warranty.
- Santa Cruz Carbon Di2 Bar. There's nothing worse than an untidy cockpit. Our own bar hides the extra cables of the Shimano STEPS system away, keeping things clean and hassle free.
- Shimano STEPS EP8 Motor and 630wh Battery. More power, less weight, even more efficient and the biggest battery Shimano offer.
- Quality, Strength, Reliability. The legendary Santa Cruz fit, finish and quality construction make this long-range hauler tough enough to handle anything. The frame, linkages and optional Reserve wheels come with a lifetime warranty.