Lazer CHIRU MIPS Helmet
The Chiru MIPS pairs extended coverage with a MIPS layer to give you excellent protection. Chiru MIPS has been awarded the Virginia Tech 5-Star “Best Available” protection rating. Stay comfortable on all-day epics: the Turnfit+ System retention system will keep your helmet secure while eliminating pressure points. A color-matched integrated visor will help prevent squinting, so you can keep shredding on the sunny days. Fifteen well-placed air vents promote airflow even on slow, technical climbs. The optional rechargeable rear TS+ LED light will come in handy when you ride until dark and still need to pedal home from the trails.
- The dropped profile provides additional coverage and protection around the sides and the rear of your head
- Color-matched visor helps keep the sun, mud, and branches off your face
- This helmet is compatible with the integrated Rear LED Light accessory which improves your visibility from the rear in low light conditions
- The Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) helps reduce the risk of rotational brain injury by isolating your head from the rotation of the helmet shell in the event of an impact
- A unique fit system which prevents hotspots or pressure points by making the adjustment around the entire circumference of your head
- The Virginia Tech impact testing uses the STAR evaluation system to determine the helmet’s ability to reduce linear acceleration and rotational velocity of the head resulting from a range of impacts a cyclist might experience. 5-Star indicates the “Best Available” rating possible. Virginia Tech recommends the use of any 4- or 5-star rated helmet