Wolf-Tooth Directmount Elliptical Single Chainring 28 Black
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings. It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring. Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
- PowerTrac Elliptical (PTE) design gives the rider more power, better traction, less shifting, and a more even pedal stroke
- Less aggressive timing than competitors means any change in pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders
- Ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center)
- Provides the benefits of an oval ring without the drawbacks of greater ovality or more aggressive timing
- Direct mount ring replaces the existing chainring and spider on 3-bolt GXP cranks
- Asymmetrical tooth shape for the best wear life, chain retention and mud clearance